What is a Savvy Senior?
According to the American Dictionary, the definition of “savvy” is practical and perspective and a “senior” holds precedence of position.
That certainly applies to the ELM Class of Savvy Seniors. We also learn so much from sharing with each other our experiences and knowledge of topics presented.
Savvy Seniors offers a different and interesting topic and presenter each week. Although at times we deal with serious subjects, this is not a boring, serious class. We try not to repeat subjects from year to year unless requested by our class members to do so.
Topics take us to many places and we have explored many activities.
Topics covered in the past
Past classes have allowed us to:
- Wiggle our toes to make Happy Feet
- Explore the history and wonderful “live” opportunities of Oakland Cemetery
- Save money with Digital Couponing
- Explore Kennesaw Mountain Trails and Parks
- Get acquainted with Lake Pointe Sports Facility in Bartow County
- Enjoy the wonderful aromas and benefits of Aromatherapy
- View China and Scotland via shared experiences with our ELM family
In the past we have covered: History, travel, health, technology, legal issues, IRS and even had a visit from a handler and his dog from the K9 Unit. We promote lively discussion and at times have been able to offer views and experiences to broaden the knowledge of our presenters.
We strive to improve the lives of our seniors by keeping them “savvy” while enjoying fun and fellowship with each other.
Barbara Key, Facilitator