Enrichment of Life Movement, (ELM) now offers a travel program for its members.
The types of trips may include:
Day Trips: (by Motor Coach) Depart about 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM and return 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. The first trip to begin the program is a tour of Oakland Cemetery scheduled for June 21. Fall trips under consideration include: The Blue Ridge Railroad and the monastery near Conyers.
Overnight Trips: (by Motor Coach) One to three nights. Depart and return times to be determined. Examples of trips include: Tour of Savannah, GA., Biltmore Estates/Asheville, NC.
Extended Trips: (by Motor Coach, Air, Ship/Boat) Four or more nights. Examples may include: Trip to Branson, MO, New England in the Fall, Motor Coach Tour of British Isles, and a European River Cruise.
No day trips will be scheduled for Tuesdays when ELM is in session. All trips will depart from First United Methodist Church (FUMC) in Marietta.
All travelers must be at least fifty (50) years of age and must have health insurance. ELM members may invite guests who are not ELM members. All trips will be announced by ELM email and information will be provided as to destination(s), activities during trip, inclusive cost of trip, deadlines for registrations and payment, level of physical activity needed for the trip and other pertinent information.
Registration and payment will be conducted through the ELM registration process on the ELM website. An electronic signature on the travel waiver and payment will be required to register and reserve a seat for each trip. Additional information and the required waivers are now on the ELM website.
Trips Coming Soon
ELM Travel Club Disclaimer
- All trips will be planned with the safety and comfort of the travelers. The carriers for the trips will be carefully selected so as to provide these services.
- There will be an ELM Travel Club Tour Director accompanying each trip and will be in charge of making all decisions. The decisions of the Tour Director must be respected.
- Each traveler is expected to be respectful of and courteous to other travelers. No alcohol or Illegal drugs allowed on the motor coach.
- Each traveler is to be aware they are a guest of the venue we are touring and be respectful of the venue and cooperate with the staff that is assisting with the tour.
- On all day trips by motor coach, the coach seating will be on a “first-come, first- served” basis. No seats may be reserved or “saved” other than for your companion.
- On Overnight and Extended motor coach trips-after the first seating on by the “first-come, first-served” system, the Tour Director will initiate a “rotating-seating system” for ALL travelers, changing each morning. The only exception will be the Tour Director who must be seated next to the coach driver.
- The information for each trip will have a statement as to the level of physical activity expected for the trip. Each member should consider the activity level to determine if appropriate for them to travel. ELM Travel Club cannot provide physical assistance to travelers.
- It is the responsibility of each traveler to carry all his/her medical insurance information on each trip.
- If a traveler needs the use of either a walker or wheelchair, it must be stored in the baggage compartment of the motor coach. ELM Travel Club cannot provide assistance with these. Air and Water carriers will designate locations for such items to be stored.
- Registration and payment for trips are to be made during the registration period for each trip on the ELM website. Registration is made by responding to the announcement sent via e-mail and payment made with credit card at the same time.
- The cost of each trip includes transportation, admissions, lodging, gratuities, and meals (when possible). These costs are prepaid and the vendor does not give refunds. ELM Travel Club must pay these costs based on the number of travelers registered and paid for the trip; consequently, ELM Travel Club cannot give refunds. However, if one has registered and paid for the trip and then finds he/she is unable to go, he/she may find a “substitute” and make arrangements with that substitution for any and all financial arrangements. ELM Travel Club must be notified of such a change and the substitute must complete a registration form and comply with all rules and regulations of ELM Travel Club.
- All travelers are to arrive at FUMC parking lot at least thirty (30) minutes before departure time.
- For all Day Trips an area of the parking lot of FUMC will be reserved for ELM Travel Club travelers. ALL must park in that space. Upon arrival, the driver of each car to be parked will be given a sign to be placed on the dash-board of the car. The sign will give the name and date of the trip (and good for that trip only).
- For the Overnight and Extended Trips, it is recommended that travelers have someone bring them to the FUMC parking lot- and pick them up upon return.
- It is strongly recommended that travelers bring “no unnecessary baggage” on trips. On motor coaches there is very little overhead storage space and no “baggage” is allowed in the aisle. “Baggage” (if it is really necessary) must be stored in the baggage compartment. Also, items acquired during the trip will be stored in the baggage compartment.
- For all trips- for Day Trips and some Overnight Trips, the minimum number is forty (40) (registered and paid) travelers; the maximum number varies as to the coach capacity for motor coach trips. On Overnight and Extended trips the minimum and maximum numbers will be set by ELM Travel Club and the tour company.
- Refunds: If by the final date set for registration and payment, if less than forty (40) have registered and paid, the trip will be cancelled and full payment will be refunded.
If the last date of registration and payment the number meets and/or exceeds the minimum, the trip will go forward.
Then no refunds can be given as ELM Travel Club will have made either a down- payment reservation or paid full cost for each traveler’s transportation, admissions, lodging, probably some of the meals, and gratuities. However, if the traveler can find a substitute for that trip, make any and all financial arrangements with that substitute, inform ELM Travel Club, and the substitute provides ELM Travel Club with the necessary information, then that person will be welcomed on the trip.ELM Travel Club recommends that those who travel on Overnight and Extended trips acquire, if offered, that company’s “trip insurance” as protection against possible loss. The cost of such insurance is NOT included in the announced price of the trip.
Print the Disclaimer
Get all the details
Registration opening soon
Join in the fun!