Please join Barbara Woodhouse, RD, LD during the Winter session for a one-hour afternoon class that will focus on a variety of nutrition and healthy aging topics.
Many ELM students have taken one of Barbara’s class before - Please come again! Based on student suggestions, Barbara’s winter course will be covering some new topics including:
- Should I really believe all of those health studies that I read about?
- What can I do nutritionally to improve my blood test results?
- What nutritional supplements should older adults be taking?
- What should I be eating for optimal heart and brain health?
Barbara’s class will also discuss some best-selling nutrition and healthy aging books. Barbara is still finalizing the winter list of books, but is planning to review:
- Rigor Mortis by Richard Harris
- The Truth About Food by David L. Katz, MD, MPH
- Your Blood Never Lies by James B. LaValle, RPh, CCN
- Fortify Your Life by Tieraona Low Dog, MD
ELM students do not need to read or purchase these books – but you probably will want to add these books to your reading list after Barbara discusses each one.