The new ELM class, Exploring Genealogy, will help you figure out how to explore your family history. There are many sources of information available and sorting through to find the best ones can be daunting. In this class we will help you map out a process and begin your research.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- How birth, marriage, and death certificates can help you identify your relatives. Where to find these certificates, state of county.
- Learning from the census about how our relatives lived, where they were born, family members and much more.
- How to find the location where and why they lived there, the place and time is important.
- Learning the importance of their friends, neighbors and the church they attended.
- How did they move around and why? Did they immigrate here, how and why.
Our many handouts will help you with your genealogy. Some things we will discuss are:
- What can be found on the internet and when to use books.
- Where to find the books, libraries, and archives.
- How to keep track of your genealogy, online or notebooks.
We will hand out lists of internet sites and good books to use. This fun class will cover all this and more!
Bob and Sally Hatfield